Family income in Denmark.
Danish statistical body has nicely formatted data on its site. I constructed a cholopleth chart with median household income by Danish kommune between 2000 – 2012. This income is after tax.
This map, surprizingly, supports some of the common tropes about Scandinavian countries.
- No areas in Denmark with average income significantly less than nation average;
- There was steady growth in household income in every kommune for all the years, except 2008;
- Income decline in 2008 was especially sharp in the rich areas while the rest of Denmark it was relatively mild;
- Household income varies little among kommunes, with exception of an area to the north of Denmark;
- Danish wealthy leave almost exclusively in the area to the north of Copenhagen;
- INDKF32: Disponible familieindkomst efter kommune ,enhed, familietype og indkomstinterval